August 25, 2015
Alt, H, G, K Send to Back – Send the selected object behind all other objects. – Home > Drawing > Arrange > Send to Back
Alt, H, G, R Bring to Front
Alt, H, G, F Bring Forward
Alt, H, H Distribute Horizontal
March 23, 2014
Car park in Belgium: Elevator or toilets?
Car park in Belgium: Where am I parked?
More – Psychology of things book
See also: Web bloopers book
August 9, 2013
PIE framework @ http://www.widerfunnel.com/conversion-rate-optimization/how-to-prioritize-conversion-rate-optimization-tests-using-pie ++
- Potential (Heuristics, voice of customer)
- How much potential is there for conversion rate lift on this testing opportunity?
- Importance (traffic volume, cost)
- How important is this page? How many visitors will be impacted from the test? What is the traffic volume? What is the cost of the traffic? What is the quality of the traffic? What is the impact on ROI?
- Ease (Political, Technical)
- How easy is it to test on the identified page? What are the barriers, both technical and political, to testing that surround this page
A poll @ http://seewhy.com/blog/2010/09/21/website-conversion-priorities/ gave:
- Website and Landing Page Optimization:
- Reduce clutter
- Re-examine text on a page
- Re-evaluate form fields
- Value proposition (competitive price-value, etc ?)
- Relevance (what they exepceted)
- Clarity (well-articulated value and CTA. Design, content, eyeflow. Content clarity ensures the images and text combine to minimize comprehension time.)
- Urgency (offers and deadlines )
- see article
Prioritizing Usability book/pie chart by Nielsen
Group prioritization with post-it notes
March 28, 2012
“trustworthy” homepages [on first impression] […] showed high balance, high contrast, moderate graphics-to-text ratio, and moderate text-to-background ratio.
[…] what make something appealing? That was the focus of the third study. There have been a number of models to define appeal (or “aesthetics”) over the years. Lindgaard, et. al analyzed their data with respect to six well-founded design attributes – symmetry, density, balance, contrast, graphics-to-text ration, and text-to-background ratio.”